Pg. 7 Ex. A
1)Every day, Helen gets up at half past seven.
2)Helen often eats fast food for lunch.
3) In the evening Helen meets her friends for cofee
4)Once a week Helen watches a film at the cinema.
5)Helen rarely goes to the gym.
6) Helen has a driving lessons twice a week.
1)Gordon? I think he is writing a letter at the moment.
2)Yes,the match is on TV now,but we are losing.
3)Right now, Margaret is having a shower.Do you want to ring later?
4)Sally is staying with her aunt for a few days.
5)I am not lying! It’s true! I did see Madonna at the supermarket.
6)Josh is always using my bike! It’s so annoying.
7)We are having lunch,but I can come round and help you later.
8)Are you playing music up there? It’s really noisy!
Pg. 7 Ex. C
1)Are top Musicians study for many years?
Do top musicians are studying for many years?
2)What’s going on? I hope you didn’t touch my things.
What’s going on? I hope you isn’t touching my things?
3)It’s a small business,so each person is doing lots of different job.
It’s a small business, so each person does lots of different jobs.
4)Does Christine listen to the radio, or is that the TV I can hear?
Is Christine listening to the radio, or that the TV I can hear?
5)I am usually buying a special ticket each week for the bus because it’s cheaper.
I usually buy a special ticket each week for the bus because it’s cheaper.
6)Our washing machine is starting when you press this button.
Our washing machine will start when you press this button.
7)How’s the match going? Does our team win?
How’s the match going? Is our team winning?
8)Many people are enjoying spending time on the beach on holiday.
Many people enjoy spending time on the beach on holiday.
Pg. 8 Ex. D
1)I`m working at the local library for the summer.
2)We don’t go to the theatre very often.
3)Stacy is getting ready for school, so she can`t come to the phone.
4)Does Gary ever talk about his expedition to the Amazon jungle?
5)In squash you hit a ball against a wll.
6) I read a newspaper at least once a week.
7)Do you practic the piano for two hours every day?
8)Nadine and Claire are doing quite well at school at the moment.
9)A good friend knows when you`re upset about something.
10)How do you spell your name?
Pg.8 Ex. E
1) In Monopoly, you move around the board buying houses and hotels.
2) Are you watching this programme or can l turn the TV off?
3) Regular exercise helps you to stay healthy.
4) I am using my brother’s guitar until l get a new one.
5) does Simon always do the washing-up after lunch?
6) Do you have any sweaters in a larger size?
7)You aren’t holding the kite right.Let me show you.
8) Dad belongs to the local astronomy club.
Pg. 8 Ex. F
Pg. 10 Ex. A
1. I got to the post office just before it closed and I did not send my the letter.
2. We invited Stephanie to the party, but she did not come.
3. Jack lost his job because he made too many mistakes.
4. Everyone knew that it was Bill’s fault, but nobody said anything.
5. Karen lost the keys from the kitchen table and ran out the door.
6. I was bored, so Mum gave me some money to go shopping.
7. Do you remember the time we went to India on holiday?
8. It started raining, but luckily I took an umbrella in my bag.